Record high of 676 new UK coronavirus cases in one day - total now 2,626
- Credit: Archant
The government has released the latest number of people confirmed to have coronavirus in the UK.
676 more people have been found positive for the virus, with 5,779 more tests completed.
This takes the total number of people who have had the disease up to 2,626 in the UK.
The government has completed a total of 56,221 tests so far but are not testing everyone who has symptoms.
Those with mild symptoms are being advised to self-isolate unless hospital care is needed.
You may also want to watch:
According to NHS England, a further 32 people in England have died while a further death was reported in Scotland, taking the UK total to 104.
As of March 17, 93 people in the East of England have tested positive for the virus while there are just three cases in Suffolk. Regional figures for March 18 are expected this evening.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 8 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 9 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
Four patients are being treated at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge. One person has sadly died at the Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford.
The government has advised everyone who can to work from home and to stop all but essential contact.