More than 650 coronavirus-related deaths in one day, national figures confirm
- Credit: Archant
More that 650 people have died in the UK from coronavirus in the past 24 hours.
New data released by the Government shows that as of 9am on April 3, a total of 173,784 people have been tested for the virus with 38,168 testing positive, an increase of 4,450.
Despite the official daily figures it is widely accepted that there are more unconfirmed cases across the region and the country.
As of 5pm on April 2, of those in hospital who tested positive for coronavirus, 3,605 have died in the UK - up 684 on Thursday’s figure.
Regional figures have yet to be released for today; yesterday 157 people were confirmed to have coronavirus in Suffolk and 517 in Essex.
You may also want to watch:
The regional figures are expected to be revealed later today.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton