Woodbridge Regatta cancelled due to coronavirus
- Credit: RACHEL EDGE
One of Woodbridge’s biggest events has become the latest gathering to be cancelled because of coronavirus.
The popular Woodbridge Regatta and Riverside Fair has been cancelled.
The event had been due to take place on May 24 along the riverside in the town and would have been the 182nd edition of the festival.
In a post on Facebook, event organiser Geoff Holdcroft said that the virus had forced the event to be cancelled.
'Dear friends, I am so sorry but due to the escalating health crisis it is now prudent to cancel this year's Woodbridge Regatta,' said Mr Holdcroft.
You may also want to watch:
'Full refunds will be given to all stallholders who have already paid.
'We hope to be back bigger than ever in 2021.'
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
It comes just a day after the Beowulf Festival, which had also been due to take place on the town's riverside, was also cancelled because of the virus.