Country parks in Essex closing to visitors until further notice
- Credit: Courtesy of Visit Essex
All council-maintained country parks in Essex are shutting because of the coronavirus outbreak.
In a tweet from Essex County Council, it said: “We are closing our country parks from 8pm today, Sunday, March 22.
“This is necessary to ensure social distancing and limit the spread of coronavirus.
“The country parks will be closed until further notice.
“Thank you for your understanding.”
The move follows a decision taken on March 21 by the National Trust to close all of their parks as well as their houses and cafes.
You may also want to watch:
Borough councils across Suffolk and Essex have shut other leisure facilities, including swimming pools.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 6 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move