Ten more coronavirus related deaths reported at hospitals across Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: Archant
Ten coronavirus related deaths have been reported at hospitals in our region this afternoon.
The deaths were reported in the data issued by NHS England on a daily basis.
Six these deaths were reported by ESNEFT which runs Ipswich and Colchester Hospitals.
Nick Hulme, Chief Executive for East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust, said: “We can confirm that three patients, two in their 80s and one in their 70s with underlying health conditions, have sadly passed away at Ipswich Hospital.
“Three patients, one in their 90s and two in their 70s with underlying health conditions, have sadly passed away at Colchester Hospital. “They had all tested positive for COVID-19.
You may also want to watch:
“Our thoughts and condolences remain with the patient’s families and loved ones at this difficult time.”
A further four deaths were announced by West Suffolk Hospital.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds