Latest coronavirus infection rates show continued fall in Suffolk
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
New data shows that recorded coronavirus infection rates in Suffolk are continuing to drop.
In Suffolk the number of coronavirus cases reported in the week to September 18 was 40, compared to 77 in the previous week.
This meant the infection rate for Suffolk dropped further from 10.11 per 100,000 last week to just 5.25 this week.
In terms of local authorities, all districts in Suffolk showed a drop in the number of cases per 100,000 compared to the previous week. The most notable drops in cases were in Ipswich and West Suffolk.
It was a different story in north Essex, however, where Braintree, Colchester and Tendring all showed a rise in cases compared to the previous week.
You may also want to watch:
Overall, the number of cases reported in north Essex grew slightly from 163 to 174, with cases slightly up to 11.68 per 100,000 compared to 10.95 in the previous week.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 8 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'