Almost 100 new confirmed coronavirus cases confirmed in Suffolk and Essex overnight
- Credit: Archant
Nearly 100 new confirmed cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in Suffolk and Essex overnight as figures continue to rise.
In Suffolk, Government statistics showed that the total number of confirmed coronavirus cases is now 545; up 18 from Thursday.
In Essex the total number of confirmed cases is 1721; with 74 new cases having been confirmed overnight.
Across the East of England there are now 6859 confirmed cases of the virus.
The total number of cases in the UK has now reached 108,692 with almost 15,000 coronavirus-related deaths now registered in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
However, it is widely accepted that the number of the people who have the virus will be much higher due, as many people with symptoms have not been tested.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns