Coronavirus: Which Suffolk schools and nurseries are closed today
- Credit: Archant
More than 15 schools and nurseries across Suffolk have been forced to close or partially close today due to staffing issues and to complete deep cleans where necessary.
Whilst the government has not ordered schools to close some are having to for safety reasons.
Several schools have reported possible contact with coronavirus and then closed for several days in order to clean the school.
Read on for a full list of closures in Suffolk today:
• Forest Academy – Brandon: The main school is open, however the school’s nursery will close today until the end of the Easter holidays.
You may also want to watch:
• Place Farm Primary Academy – Haverhill: Early years closed. All other years open.
• Holbrook Academy – Holbrook: Open for students in Years 7, 8 and 11. Those children who do not have safe and adequate supervision must attend school and children whose families are working in essential services (i.e. NHS), in all year groups, can continue to attend school.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 10 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
• Grove Primary School – Lowestoft: Children can be picked up from 1pm today as the school will be closed from Thursday March 9 until after the Easter holidays due to staffing shortages.
• Ixworth Church of England Primary School – Ixworth: Ixworth Nursery will be closed for 14 days from today until Wednesday April 1 due to a lack of staff. The primary school will remain open.
• SET Saxmundham School - Is closed until after the Easter holidays
• Samuel Ward Academy – Haverhill: partially closed until Friday March 20 (see school website for details)
• Stradbroke High School – Stradbroke: partially closed until Friday March 20 and will only be open to pupils in Years seven and 11.
• Felixstowe Academy: The school will be closed for the afternoon today.
• Westwood Primary – Lowestoft: closed from Wednesday March 18 until after the Easter holidays due to staffing shortages.
• Clements Primary Academy: closed today until Thursday March 19: The school will review closure from then on.
• Bucklesham Primary School – Bucklesham: closing today for a deep clean and is expected to reopen Thursday March 19.
• Westgate CP School, Bury St Edmunds: The main school is open, however, the nursery has been closed from until Friday March 20 due to staffing issues.
• Chalk Hill – Great Cornard: The school is closing today until further notice.
• Ranelagh Primary School, Ipswich: Open as normal but closed to nursery and reception children until March 27.
• Hillside Special School – Sudbury: open today but closing on March 19
• Stone Lodge Academy – Ipswich: closed until further notice
• Priory School – Bury St Edmunds: closed until further notice
• Riverwalk School – Bury St Edmunds: closed until Easter
• Grove Primary School - Lowestoft: closed until after the Easter holidays
• Warren School, Lowestoft: closed until Easter
• Westwood Primary School - Lowestoft - closed until after the Easter holidays
• Bridge School, Ipswich: Closed until further notice
• Abbeygate Sixth Form College - Bury St Edmunds - students are now learning from home
Schools operating a reduced timetable
•Hadleigh High School - Years 8 and 9 are not required in for the rest of the week
•Chantry Academy will be operating a reduced timetable from tomorrow - specific details are on their Facebook page
•Manningtree High School will only be open to Years 7 and 11 and the children of frontline NHS personnel who have no alternative childcare arrangements.
•Raneleagh Primary School - Closed to nursery and reception children only until Friday March 27
•Holbrook Academy - Students in Years 9 and 10 that are not on work experience placements have been asked to stay at home