More Suffolk coronavirus cases and nearly 30 confirmed in East of England
- Credit: PA
The latest government figures have shown that the number of people with coronavirus in the East of England has risen by 28 - and there are now three cases in Suffolk.
The government's daily update showed 28 new cases in the region with the figure now at 71, up from 43 - the biggest rise in a single day so far.
The data covers the whole of the East of England, which includes Suffolk, Essex, Norfolk and a number of other counties.
Two more additional cases have been confirmed in Suffolk, bringing the total number to three.
Essex currently has 14 confirmed cases of the virus while Norfolk still has one.
So far 35 people are known to have died from the disease in the UK - 14 of those deaths have been confirmed today.
The latest data shows that the number of people with the disease in the UK now stands at 1,391.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 8 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 9 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 10 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow