More Suffolk coronavirus cases and nearly 30 confirmed in East of England
- Credit: PA
The latest government figures have shown that the number of people with coronavirus in the East of England has risen by 28 - and there are now three cases in Suffolk.
The government's daily update showed 28 new cases in the region with the figure now at 71, up from 43 - the biggest rise in a single day so far.
The data covers the whole of the East of England, which includes Suffolk, Essex, Norfolk and a number of other counties.
Two more additional cases have been confirmed in Suffolk, bringing the total number to three.
Essex currently has 14 confirmed cases of the virus while Norfolk still has one.
You may also want to watch:
So far 35 people are known to have died from the disease in the UK - 14 of those deaths have been confirmed today.
The latest data shows that the number of people with the disease in the UK now stands at 1,391.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth