Mapped: Which Suffolk postcode areas have the most new coronavirus cases?
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
The latest areas of Suffolk and north Essex to report a cluster of positive Covid-19 cases have been mapped.
Public Health England’s interactive tool, which is updated daily, shows the postcode areas where three or more coronavirus cases have been reported within a week.
These areas, made up of around 7,200 people, are shaded in blue on the map and give an indication to experts of locations they may want to keep an eye on.
Suffolk is continuing to record low numbers of cases compared with other areas of England, logging 70 confirmed cases in the week to Sunday, September 13 with an infection rate of nine per 100,000 people.
MORE: Latest coronavirus infection rates revealed – check the numbers in your areaTo put the figures into context, England’s worst-hit area of Bolton recorded 587 cases in that time and had an infection rate of 204.1 positive tests per 100,000 people.
On Wednesday, the county’s public health director Stuart Keeble said his team had noticed a particular rise in cases in West Suffolk.
This was partly down to the outbreak at Samuel Ward Academy in Haverhill, but cases have also started to emerge in care home staff in the west of the county, he added.
He said his team is constantly being updated on the latest figures, and experts use a variety of data including the Government’s daily figures and this interactive map to determine which areas they should be monitoring.
The following areas have been highlighted on the Government’s postcode-level map for the period September 6-13:
Moreton Hall, Bury St Edmunds – 3 cases
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 5 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 6 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 9 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 10 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
Eastgate and Southgate, Bury St Edmunds - 3
Red Lodge, Icklingham and Moulton - 3
Haverhill East & South – 3
Haverhill West - 4
Belstead Hills, near Ipswich - 3
Oulton Broad West - 3
Thetford Central and East – 3