Seven more cases of coronavirus in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Suffolk has risen to 42, an increase of seven.
Public Health England released the regional breakdown of cases on Thursday evening as the number of confirmed infections in the east of England rose to 592.
The news comes after two patients sadly died at West Suffolk Hospital after contracting COVID-19 in the last few days.
MORE: Join our Facebook group for updates on coronavirus in Suffolk
The overall number of confirmed cases in the UK is now at 11,658, with 578 deaths.
However, experts believe the true figure will be much higher due to the number of cases that will go undetected.
Most of the victims of the disease are believed to have had underlying health conditions.
- 1 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143