Coronavirus: Tesco limits size of online orders to stop stockpiling
- Credit: Archant
Tesco are placing tighter restrictions on their online shopping orders – now limiting the number of items customers can order.
The supermarket made the announcement to customers on March 27, informing them that all orders will now be limited to a maximum of 80 items in total, as well as no more than three of any item.
The move is just one of a raft of attempts to curb stockpiling and panic buying by the public.
Efforts are being made by several big supermarkets to dedicate time for older and vulnerable people to shop, as well as emergency service workers and NHS staff.
In a statement in the Tesco website it says: “As of March 27, we will be capping the amount of items per basket to 80, we will continue to have a maximum limit of 3 of each product per order.
You may also want to watch:
“If customers amend an existing order after March 27, then their basket will be limited to 80 items.”
Elsewhere, Iceland have asked customers to only order online if they are older, vulnerable or self-isolating due to the coronavirus.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
Morrisons and Ocado have implemented queueing systems on their websites for those hoping to order online, with waits of over four hours seen by some customers.