Hospital trust reports another coronavirus-related death
- Credit: Archant
One more person who was being treated for coronavirus has died, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) has reported.
The trust, which manages both Ipswich and Colchester hospitals, confirmed the death of one coronavirus patient in their care on Thursday.
Nick Hulme, Chief Executive for East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust, said: “We can confirm that one patient in their 60s who had underlying health conditions, has sadly passed away at Ipswich Hospital.
“They had tested positive for COVID-19.
“Our thoughts and condolences remain with the patients’ families and loved ones at this difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
There were no deaths reported on Thursday at West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds.
The most recent figures takes the number of people who have died with coronavirus at ESNEFT’s hospitals to 301, while 52 people have died at West Suffolk Hospital.
- 1 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 2 Matchday Recap: Town beaten at home by Wyke goal
- 3 Jack Whomes to be freed after 23 years in jail for 'Essex Boys' murders
- 4 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 5 Farm vehicle and power tools worth thousands stolen in break in
- 6 Covid rips through Suffolk care homes again with deaths up 50% in a week
- 7 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Town's reaction will be fascinating as Sunderland visit on a big night for Lambert's Ipswich
- 9 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
- 10 Watch: What next for Debenhams stores across Suffolk and Essex?