Hospital trust reports another coronavirus-related death
- Credit: Archant
One more person who was being treated for coronavirus has died, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) has reported.
The trust, which manages both Ipswich and Colchester hospitals, confirmed the death of one coronavirus patient in their care on Thursday.
Nick Hulme, Chief Executive for East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust, said: “We can confirm that one patient in their 60s who had underlying health conditions, has sadly passed away at Ipswich Hospital.
“They had tested positive for COVID-19.
“Our thoughts and condolences remain with the patients’ families and loved ones at this difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
There were no deaths reported on Thursday at West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds.
The most recent figures takes the number of people who have died with coronavirus at ESNEFT’s hospitals to 301, while 52 people have died at West Suffolk Hospital.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 7 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 10 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools