Walking the Costwold Challenge from Bath to Cheltenham for the Every Heart Matters appeal
- Credit: Archant
Jan Bloomfield is on a mission.
And that’s to walk 60 miles and at the same time raise money for the My WiSH Charity’s Every Heart Matters appeal.
For the director of workforce and communications at the West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury St Edmunds, is to take part in the Cotswold Challenge, a two-day walk from Bath to Cheltenham.
She is joining forces with her friend Linda Potter, formerly finance director at the hospital, for the walk on June 30 and July 1.
And she is hoping to boost the funds of the appeal which is aimed at raising £500,000 to complete a new cardiac centre at the West Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
Jan said: “I have been looking for another challenge since I fell ill and did not complete the Moonwalk, a 26-mile walk around London at night.
“So Linda suggested we do the Cotswold Challenge and I thought why not do it to raise money for the appeal.”
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 4 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 7 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 8 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 9 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 10 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
She has set herself a target of raising £3,000 and is close to reaching that figure.
“I was so disappointed that I did not finish the Moonwalk and knew that I would have achieved it if I had not been unwell.
“Linda and I had been looking for something to do that was a challenge and was in the day time and she came up with the Cotswold Challenge and I could not do it without doing it for the My WiSH Charity’s Every Heart Matters appeal.
“I’m walking everywhere so if people see me out in Bury St Edmunds they will know what I am doing.
“The appeal is so important to me because it’s the biggest challenge that My WiSH Charity has ever had. It would be wonderful to achieve it as it will mean patients not having to traipse longer distances to other centres for treatment when we can deliver it here at the West Suffolk.”
You can support Jan’s fundraising challenge at www.justgiving.com/janet-bloomfield
The West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust is investing £5.2m in developing a state of the art cardiac suite that will provide quicker access to more treatments, but the £500,000 My WiSH Charity is hoping to raise will lead to the whole unit, which is currently fragmented on different floors, being brought together in one purpose-built centre.
If you want to support the Every Heart Matters appeal go to the websitewww.mywishcharity.co.uk and if you would like to donate to the appeal you can do so by going to Justgiving.com/ehma or text EHMA17 £10 to 70070.