Cottage tumble drier fire drama

A COTTAGE had to be ventilated after it became heavily smoke logged following a fire in a tumble drier.

A COTTAGE had to be ventilated after it became heavily smoke logged following a fire in a tumble drier.

Firefighters were called to The Causeway, Middleton, near Saxmundham, around 5.40pm tonight.

Crews - from Leiston and Saxmundham - discovered a small fire in a tumble drier and used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel.

No one was hurt but firefighters had to ventilate the ground floor of the property because of the amount of smoke.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter