Could Ed Sheeran finally be performing at Portman Road, the home of Ipswich Town?
- Credit: PA
Ed Sheeran will today announce his UK and Europe stadium tour. Could he be on his way to Portman Road? We will have all the updates throughout the day. Update: See his tour dates here.
In his tweet yesterday, the Suffolk star said: “Announcing UK and Europe stadium tour tomorrow.”
The tweet also included a quirky picture of the singer with a cake of himself.
Ed has previously declared he would “love” to do a gig at Ipswich Town’s home in Portman Road, but contractual reasons have previously prevented him from organising a show at the 30,000-seater stadium until his previous tour had concluded.
When his views were made public Steve Pearce, the Blues’ media manager, said he would “straight on the phone” to Ed to try and arrange such a concert.
Ed, who took a year-long hiatus from the music industry last year, came back with a bang and finished the UK leg of his comeback world tour on May 2.
Having played Glastonbury last weekend, he now continues his tour in North America, before moving onto the Far East and Australasia – with the last date on April 1 2018.
- 1 A14 westbound closed after car catches fire
- 2 'There are still areas we want to improve' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 3 'Eyesore' Suffolk seafront hotel for sale for £2million
- 4 Council has 'no plans' to alter verge cutting schedule in Suffolk
- 5 Town in negotiations with Aberdeen over Hladky sale
- 6 Plans for 5 'very large homes' in Suffolk village turned down
- 7 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 8 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 9 Stuart Taylor sacked by Hamilton
- 10 Ipswich Town appoint new Academy Manager
Portman Road this month hosted music legend Elton John for a one-night concert.
And just down the A12 the Weston Homes Community Stadium, home to Colchester United, has also hosted some big name concerts, including Lionel Richie, Olly Murs and also Elton John – so could this also be a potential venue on Ed’s next tour?