Could Mackenzie Crook, Toby Jones and the cast of BBC Four’s Detectorists be heading back to film in Suffolk?
- Credit: Archant
A darkly comic television series filmed in and around a Suffolk town is set to return to screens following a successful debut run on BBC Four.
Detectorists, written, directed by and starring Mackenzie Crook, and co-starring Toby Jones, has been recommissioned for a second series.
The show, which gained BBC Four’s highest ever viewing figures for a new comedy, was filmed largely in and around Framlingham, and follows the relationship of two friends with a passion for metal detecting who dream of finding a priceless Saxon hoard.
Crook said he couldn’t be happier with how the series was received by audiences.
He added: “The opportunity to meet these characters again and tell some more of their stories is very exciting.”
You may also want to watch:
It has not yet been confirmed when the new series will be made or if producers will return to film in Framlingham.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results