Could new David Lloyd gym class with sand and sun loungers banish your winter blues?
- Credit: Archant
Are you missing the summer months? David Lloyd’s latest gym class might be able to help.
David Lloyd gym, which has branches in Ipswich and Colchester, is launching a new class to help tackle seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
41% of people said the clocks going back changes their mood for the worse.
The winter blues can also make people feel tired and down.
To help combat the issue, David Lloyd is introducing its Vitamin Me class. It is specially designed to replicate the feeling of summer.
You may also want to watch:
On arrival at the Vitamin Me classes, guests are greeted with sun loungers, the scent of sun cream, the sounds of waves lapping through their headphones and a pit of sand to dip their feet into.
Some gentle stretches open the class, and then once comfy on their sun loungers, guests switch on their light therapy lamp for 15 minutes of artificial day light, proven to improve mood and energy levels.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 8 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
The class ends with a high intensity 10-minute cardio session designed to release endorphins that trigger a feel-good feeling in the body and mind.
The classes will be trialled on Saturday, October 28, and Sunday, October 29.
If successful, the class could be rolled out to other David Lloyd clubs including Ipswich and Colchester.