Snow is falling in Suffolk and Essex as temperatures plummet
Snow is falling across Suffolk and Essex today, but weather experts predict it will soon turn into rain.
Temperatures have dropped to 0C (32F) across parts of the region, with many people waking up to frost this morning.
Phil Garner, forecaster from Weatherquest, said much of Suffolk and Essex would see snow today, but rain is expected to follow later this afternoon and through the night.
The rain will mean snow is less likely to settle and cause problems on the roads.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for snow and ice for between 6am and 6pm today.
You may also want to watch:
The warning covers the East of England.
Mr Garner said temperatures were predicted to hit highs of 11C (51.8F) next week.
Have you spotted snow in the county today? Send your pictures to us here.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 10 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich