Council plans farmers’ market expansion bid
A TOWN council has launched ambitious plans to expand a farmers’ market to allow more local traders to showcase their products and goods.
For the past six years the farmers’ market held in St Peter’s Church in Sudbury has been extremely popular, but the town council has spotted the potential to significantly expand the monthly event.
Currently, produce such as meats, fruit and vegetables are on offer from around 15 exhibitors at each event.
Now a whole host of other traders, craftsman, artists and even those with interesting hobbies are being invited to join the market.
The only stipulation is exhibitors must be from the local area and whatever products they display must be either produced or made locally.
You may also want to watch:
Town Clerk Sue Brotherwood said: “The farmers’ market has always been very popular, but we feel we have a fantastic opportunity here to make it even better.
“We want more people to come along and display their goods. We’re looking for craftsman, furniture makers, people who make jam or cakes, local artists or absolutely anything which is made locally.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
“The reason we want to do this is to showcase the wide range of talents and fantastic products which are available in and around Sudbury and to draw more people to the town.”
The market is held on the last Friday of every month and pitches are priced at �20 a time.
For more information about the farmers’ market contact Town Clerk Sue Brotherwood on 01787 372331 or by email at email@example.com