WATCH: Milking it! Cows ‘ignore social distancing’ on roadside run
- Credit: Archant
You might think they were just milking their daily bout of exercise under government lockdown guidelines.
But these two cows on the moo-ve in a busy road were soon rounded up after being spotted by police going for an evening stroll.
While they might be busy helping to enforce the government’s social distancing guidelines in the coronavirus crisis, police took a call at 6.50pm on Tuesday, March 24 to reports two cows were on the road at the A1095 at Reydon, near to the A12.
When they got there, officers videoed the two cows bullishly trotting along the carriageway - which they later posted on Twitter.
Officers from Halesworth safer neighbourhood team wrote: “Eventually caught up with this pair, who were clearly milking their one trip out for exercise and ignoring social distancing advice during their jog towards #Southwold.”
You may also want to watch:
They were soon stopped in their tracks though - police called the farmer, and the cows were safely secured in a field.
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season