Drug-dealer jailed after crack cocaine and heroin found in car
- Credit: Archant
A drug-dealer from London caught with more than 100 wraps of crack cocaine in Colchester has been jailed for more than two years.
Troyhan Coleman, 21, was driving a black VW Polo in Abbots Road, Colchester, when he was stopped by police about 2.25pm on April 6.
Coleman had no insurance and a significant amount of money on his person, so officers searched the car and discovered two mobile phones, almost £100 in cash, 34 wraps of heroin and 121 wraps of crack cocaine.
Police estimated the drugs had a street value of £1,550 and the phones had messages indicating he was heavily involved in the supply of Class A drugs.
Investigating officer Pc Richard Philipsen said: “The drugs found on Troyhan Coleman were destined for the streets of Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve put another drug dealer behind bars and prevented Class A drugs from infecting our communities, causing misery.
“We’re out every day targeting those intent on causing harm to you and the people you care about and protecting and serving Essex.”
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 10 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
Coleman, of Lawn Terrace, London, was charged with two counts of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs. He pleaded guilty and was jailed for two years and 10 months at Ipswich Crown Court on May 21.