Cransford: Biker killed and passenger hurt in crash
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died following an accident which also left his pillion passenger in a serious condition in hospital.
The pair were riding a motorbike when it was involved in a collision with a car on the B1119 Saxmundham Road at Cransford, near Framlingham, at about 7.40pm.
The male rider is thought to have suffered a cardiac arrest and was pronounced dead at the scene, at the junction for Low Road.
The male passenger was thrown clear and was given emergency treatment before being transported by air ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with injuries described as “serious” by police.
The motorbike, which had landed in a field, was completely destroyed by flames. The car involved was a red Nissan Primera.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews, land and air ambulance and police units were among the emergency services sent to the crash site.
A police spokesman said that officers were initially unable to locate the injured passenger, who had been thrown clear from the bike during the collision.
- 1 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 2 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 3 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 6 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 9 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
A stretch of Saxmundham Road was closed between junctions for The Mowbrays and Sandy Lane throughout the evening.
The driver of the car is not thought to have been hurt.
Any witnesses or anyone with information about the accident can contact Pc Daniel Ormes of the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.