A12 blocked due to three-car crash
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A stretch of the A12 could be blocked “for some time” after a three-car collision.
Traffic is stretching back for up to 10 miles after the crash on the northbound carriageway between junction 22, near Witham, and junction 23, near Kelvedeon, on Thursday, April 18.
The AA has reported that traffic is building on the southbound carriageway “due to onlookers”, with delays building from Marks Tey.
A spokesman for Highways England said: “There has been a three-vehicle collision on the A12 at 4.13pm this afternoon.
“Lane one in currently closed between junctions 22 and 23 between Witham and Kelvedon and congestion is stretching as far as Chelmsford.
You may also want to watch:
“Essex Police are currently on scene.”
The spokesman also added he believes some may have suffered minor injuries in the collision.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 3 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 6 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 7 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 9 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
- 10 'I felt we deserved to win' - Cook on 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
Disruption has also been caused by a separate collision further south between junctions 17 and 19, between Boreham and Howe Green, earlier today.