Busy road in Needham Market closed after car and bike crash
- Credit: GOOGLE
An air ambulance has been called to the scene of a serious crash which has closed a busy road in Needham Market.
Police officers were called to the B1078 shortly before 10am today to reports of a collision between a vehicle and a cyclist.
An ambulance was called to the scene and later an air ambulance was requested.
• The cyclist has tragically died following the crash, more here
One person has been taken to hospital but there is no news on their condition.
The road remains closed in both directions while officers investigate the circumstances of the crash. It is expected to remain closed for some time.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police are advising drivers to avoid the area if they can.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight