Person taken to hospital after A14 car crash
One person has been taken to hospital following a crash on the A14 eastbound near Newmarket this morning.
The A14 eastbound was blocked from junction 35 at Newmarket Road, Stow Cum Quy, to junction 36 at the A11, Nine Mile Hill, after a car reportedly left the carriageway around 7.45am.
Emergency services were at the scene for a number of hours and long delays were reported in the area.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 7.45am with reports of a collision on the A14 in Bottisham.
"We sent two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
"One person is being taken to hospital for further care."
Highways England were able to re-open all the lanes shortly before 11am.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles