Road to remain closed after serious crash near Lakenheath
- Credit: Archant
A road has been closed near Lakenheath after a serious road traffic collision this morning.
The crash, involving one vehicle, happened at around 3am on the B1112 between Lakenheath and Mildenhall and emergency services attended the scene to find that a vehicle had overturned.
Three fire engines attended from Mildenhall, Brandon and Methwold and were required to free an occupant.
The road is now closed between the Lords Walk Roundabout at Lakenheath and the Mildenhall turnoff towards Eriswell.
Officers have said that the road is likely to remain closed for much of the morning while investigations take place.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services were called to the scene at 3.03am and the fire service had left the scene by 4.13am.
There is no news on the condition of the driver, or whether they were alone in the car but it is understood that the incident is serious.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 6 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from