Airport passengers warned to avoid M11 amidst four-hour road closure
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed the M11 northbound near Stansted following a crash involving a car and two lorries.
Emergency services were called to the scene of the crash, at junction 7, at around 5.20am today, Friday, January 25.
A man has been taken to hospital with serious injuries.
A police spokesman said they had arrested a man at the scene and that he had been taken into custody for questioning.
He said: “We have closed the M11 northbound near to Stansted following a collision at around 5.20am today, Friday, January 25.
You may also want to watch:
“The collision has involved a car and two lorries and we have closed the road at junction 7 to traffic as we manage this incident with our emergency partners.
“We would urge people to avoid the area and to continue to listen to traffic bulletins.”
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 8 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
He added: “We are appealing for information and dash cam footage following a collision on the M11 in between Harlow and Stansted today.
“A man has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after two lorries and a car collided at 5.20am.
“We have arrested a man at the scene and he has been taken to custody for questioning.
“The road continues to remain closed as we manage this incident.”
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service added: “Crews were called to the northbound M11, between junction 7 for Harlow to junction 8 for Stansted Airport, after reports of a collision involving two lorries and a car.
“On arrival firefighters reported that one person was trapped in a lorry and worked to release them by 8.20am.
“The casualty was left in the care of the Ambulance Service.”
If you have any information that could assist officers in their investigation or have any dash cam footage of the collision call Essex Police on 101 quoting incident 103 of January 25 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.