Crash tragedy victims named
TWO young women who died following a road traffic collision in Foxhall Road in Ipswich have been named this afternoon.Emma Harold, 26, of Foxhall Road and Kate Wasyluk, 25, of Irlam Road, died following a collision with a silver Citroen Saxo around 12.15am.
TWO young women who died following a road traffic collision in Foxhall Road in Ipswich have been named this afternoon.
Emma Harold, 26, of Foxhall Road and Kate Wasyluk, 25, of Irlam Road, died following a collision with a silver Citroen Saxo around 12.15am yesterday.
A 25-year-old woman who was also involved in the crash - and is believed to have been walking with the two women - is now in a serious but stable condition at Ipswich Hospital.
A 20-year-old man arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving remains under police guard in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A 22-year-old woman also arrested in connection with the incident has now been bailed to return to Ipswich Police Station on March 18.
Police are continuing to appeal for anyone who saw the silver Citroen Saxo prior to collision or the collision itself to call the serious collision investigation team at police headquarters on 01473 613500.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
Family members, friends and neighbours have left several bouquets of flowers at the spot where the fatal collision occurred.
Among the tributes are one to Kate by Nan, auntie Margaret, uncle Ben, Francesca, Jason, Becky, Lucil and Ben, which reads: “You will be sadly missed and always in our hearts. You were a beautiful daughter, sister, girlfriend, granddaughter, niece and cousin.”
The others read: “Kate, you were a huge part of my life for six years. I cannot believe this. Such a sad loss. God really has an angel in you. A life that should never have been taken. Sleep tight in heaven. My memories of you will live on forever. Sweet dreams, Arnie.”
“Remembering my beautiful little sister Emma and her friend Kate. Will never forget you. Lots of love always and forever, Shelly, Matthew, Josh, Nathan and David.”
“To the beautiful Kate. You will always be in our memories and be loved. You made high school what it was for me, Shipon.”
“Kate it is not fair you were taken away from us so early in life. I'm blessed to have known you. RIP. Love Triv.”
Do you know the girls and want to pay tribute to them? Call EADT newsdesk on 01473 324733.