Crashes at Copdock and Wherstead on A14 and collision with bus on A12 cause morning delays
There have been a number of crashes on the county’s roads this morning.
Just after 7am a van ended up on its roof on the A134 near Barnham.
At the same location there was a lorry which was partially in a hedge.
The road was blocked for some time while a man was freed from the Peugeot van but it has now reopened.
However it will close again when recovery services arrive to collect the crashed vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
Around 8.10am there was a crash between a car and a lorry between the Orwell Bridge and the Wherstead Interchange.
It happened on the westbound carriageway and caused delays back to the Nacton Interchange.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
The vehicles involved were a white lorry and a grey Peugeot 208.
People travelling on the eastbound carriageway were also slowing to look at the crash, delaying traffic on that side of the road in the area.
In Stowmarket around 8.20am there was a collision between a black Ford Focus and a bike in Fairfield Hill.
The cyclist, a teenage boy, is reported to have a leg injury.
Another crash was reported on the A14 at 8.45am, involving three cars.
They were a Grey Rover, a blue Fiat Punto and a silver Toyota Yaris.
One eastbound lanes is blocked and the ambulance service has been called to treat someone for shock.
In Martlesham Heath, a bus and a silver Mercedes have collided.
It happened just before 8.50am at the BT roundabout on the southbound side of the road.
There are no injuries reported.