Creeting St Mary: Christmas lights display raises money for Suffolk Family Carers
Thousands of homes are decorated with bright lights every year to help celebrate Christmas.
But this home in Creeting St Mary, near Needham Market, is using its display to support Suffolk Family Carers, by visitors giving donations to see the property’s array of festive lights.
Denise Hales, 35, of Needham Market, has been putting up the lights with her partner Stephen Holden on his family’s home for several years.
She said: “Everyone seems to like it, you hear the kids outside with their positive comments.
“I think we saw some other houses do it and thought we could raise money for charity and it’s gone from there.”
The home in St Mary’s Gardens, Creeting St Mary, is open for visitors to the lights, between 4.30pm-9pm, every day until January 6.
The family is hoping to raise £1,000 and beat last year’s total.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 6 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 7 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 8 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 9 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 10 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days