Creeting St Mary: Farm’s Strawberry Fayre summer sensation
- Credit: Archant
Summer was in the air and on the palate as a Suffolk farm hosted some fruity festivities.
Creeting St Mary’s Alder Carr Farm celebrated the Great British strawberry and the great Suffolk Punch at the weekend.
The farm annually supports a charity at the Strawberry Fayre, and this year chose the Woodbridge-based Suffolk Horse Society.
Eleanor Sheldrake who organised the event along with her husband, Barry, said: “We usually support a local charity, and this year we thought who better than the Suffolk Horse Society, who are trying to preserve the oldest breed of heavy horse in Great Britain.
“The Suffolk Punch is critically endangered with fewer than 300 breeding horses in Britain today.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as an appearance from Suffolk mare Whitton Daisy and her foal Whitton Heather, owned by Tom Walne and Sandy Hewett, the event also featured almost 50 stalls food, local crafts and fun activities like face painting.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 6 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel