Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
Fire crews tackled a blaze that spread from a classic car to the bungalow next door, in a village near Needham Market.
A police officer alerted the fire service about smoke coming from an address in St Marys Gardens, Creeting St Mary just before 1pm.
Four crews were sent to the scene from Princes Street in Ipswich, Debenham, Needham Market and Stowmarket. They arrived to find a vehicle, thought to be a classic car, on fire.
The blaze is understood to have spread from the car, to a detached garage and on to the bungalow next door. At least seven fire vehicles attended the scene on Saturday afternoon.
A spokesman for the fire service said the car and the garage were "completely alight" when crews were on the scene and that crews were using small hose jet reels to try and extinguish the flames.
The owner of the classic car where the blaze started said no-one had been hurt in the fire but, he said, two vehicles had been destroyed. He added that his dogs were also safe.
Join our Suffolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 10 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise