Crews battle blaze in town flat
FIRE crews have tackled a blaze in an Ipswich flat.
Firefighters were called to Black Horse Lane at 10.18am today, after a neighbour alerted them of a blaze in a nearby property.
On arrival a fire was discovered in the living room of a ground floor flat.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire said that the blaze had involved a carpet and a sofa and that the incident had been deemed as accidental.
The occupant of the flat is believed to have been out at the time of call.
You may also want to watch:
No one was injured and firefighters had brought the blaze brought under control by 10.43am using a hose reel jet.
- 1 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 4 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 5 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 6 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL