Fire crews tackle portable cabin blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews have tackled a fire at a portable cabin which had gone up in flames.
Firefighters were called to the scene of the fire, in Old Ipswich Road in Ardleigh, near Colchester, at around 4.10pm yesterday, Saturday, December 14.
Two crews from Colchester were sent to fight the fire.
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service, said: "On arrival, crews reported that a portable cabin, which measured approximately five metres by three metres, was 100% alight."
The fire was extinguished and the scene cleared by 4.50pm.
An investigation will now take place to work out how the fire started.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 6 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 10 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds