Fire crews attend reports of hazardous materials in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Two crews were called to the incident on Sidegate Avenue at around 6pm this evening.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said that they attended an unknown hazardous material which had spilled at a property on Sidegate Avenue.
When they arrived on scene they found the material which had a non-corrosive smell.
The spokesperson added that the crews did not wear hazardous protection equipment while attending the incident.
One person was self-referred to hospital following the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A stop was called at 6.54pm.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site