Crews fight building blaze in Sternfield near Saxmundham
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a building fire in Sternfield near Saxmundham this afternoon.
Fire control were called at around 3.10pm on Friday, October 27, by a member of the public to reports of a blaze at a single-storey commercial building on the B1121 Church Hill.
Three fire engines – one from Framlingham, one from Leiston and one from Saxmundham – were sent to the scene to fight the fire although four engines were initially mobilised to attend the incident.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said hose reel jets were used to fight the fire.
He said: “Crews attended a fire at a single storey commercial building.
You may also want to watch:
“They used two hose reel jets, small gear and water relay to extinguish the fire.”
A stop was called by the fire service at around 4.17pm although crews remained at the scene to check for hotspots and to ensure the fire was fully extinguished.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 5 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win