Crews fight roof fire in Rattlesden near Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze in the roof of a house in Rattlesden near Stowmarket last night.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called at around 10.45pm to the blaze in Brettenham Road.
Crews from Stowmarket, Elmswell and Bury St Edmunds attended.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said everyone had managed to get out of the house before calling for help.
She said: “They have found a small fire in the roof of the house and are removing the roof tiles to get to the fire.
You may also want to watch:
“The lady who owns the house managed to get out and call 999.”
Firefighters had to remove parts of the roof to control the blaze.
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
The fire was extinguished shortly before midnight.