Crews hot foot to save dog and child
FIRE crews in north Suffolk were called to not one, but two unusual incidents involving a trapped dog and child yesterday morning.A fire crew from Lowestoft was called to a home just a few doors down from the Normanhurst station to release a one-year-old girl from her high chair at around 9am.
FIRE crews in north Suffolk were called to not one, but two unusual incidents involving a trapped dog and child yesterday morning.
A fire crew from Lowestoft was called to a home just a few doors down from the Normanhurst station to release a one-year-old girl from her high chair at around 9am.
Michelle Brittain, 20, of Normanston Drive in Lowestoft, was forced to ring for help after her one-year-old daughter, Louise, slid down her high chair and found herself trapped at around 9am.
Michelle, a trainee nurse, said: "I couldn't get her out – she wouldn't budge. The fire brigade had to push her through and said they had never seen anything like it before. I am not going to put her in a high chair anymore – I would rather feed her on the floor."
You may also want to watch:
And Wrentham fire fighters were called from their beds to rescue a nine-week-old puppy stuck behind a hot radiator in Windsor Terrace, Kessingland, at 5.20am.
Cheryl Murphy, 40, of Windsor Terrace, Kessingland, was given shiatsu puppy Toffee as an early Christmas present from her eldest daughter Kelly just four days ago.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 8 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 9 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 10 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
She said: "I've been sleeping with her downstairs but yesterday was the first night I slept upstairs. I woke up at about 5am and thought I would check on her and that's when I found her stuck behind the radiator.
"The radiator was on and although I turned it off it was still red hot. I couldn't get her out and I didn't think she was going to make it. The fire brigade were the only people I could think of to ring.
"They came within minutes and were fantastic – they pulled her out in two minutes. It was quite traumatic for all of us."
One member of the crew spoke to Cheryl's vet on the telephone to check Toffee was all right and Cheryl had took her to the surgery first thing yesterdayto find that apart from a bruised ear, she was fine.