Crews tackle blaze at Suffolk pub
FIRE crews were called to a historic Suffolk pub and hotel tonight after a small blaze broke out in a bedroom.The fire involved a mattress and a chimney stack at the White Hart, in High Street, Saxmundham and was reported at about 7.
FIRE crews were called to a historic Suffolk pub and hotel tonight after a small blaze broke out in a bedroom.
The fire involved a mattress and a chimney stack at the White Hart, in High Street, Saxmundham and was reported at about 7.40pm.
Two appliances from Leiston and Saxmundham attended the incident and crews used a turntable ladder to check if any damage had been caused to the chimney structure. The road was temporarily closed while the fire was brought under control.
Dave Willett, owner of the business, said: “It was a very minor incident and we called the fire brigade out as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
“We were alerted by the fire alarm sounding and don't yet know how it started. There were about half a dozen people in the pub at the time and the building had to be evacuated.”
Fire crews brought the incident under control by 9.20pm, when the pub was able to reopen.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 8 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton