Crews tackle blaze in deserted house
FIRE crews tackled a major blaze at an unoccupied property in Chelmsford today.The two storey house in Glebe Road was reported alight shortly before 2pm and by the time firefighters arrived it was fully ablaze.
FIRE crews tackled a major blaze at an unoccupied property in Chelmsford today.
The two storey house in Glebe Road was reported alight shortly before 2pm and by the time firefighters arrived it was fully ablaze.
Crews used an aerial ladder platform to attack the fire from above as well as using four other fire engines to try and control the fierce flames.
When the fire was at its height, a decision was made to deploy two separate lines of attack on the building to fight the blaze from two sides simultaneously.
Eventually it was put out by around 5.10pm.
Nobody was hurt in the fire. A joint police and fire investigation into the cause of the blaze has been launched.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 10 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton