Crews tackle fires at The Swan in Hoxne and the Bell Hotel in Mildenhall
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have been called to tackle fires at two Suffolk pubs this evening.
Crews were first called at around 5.55pm to The Swan in Hoxne to reports of a chimney ‘well alight’.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews were called to a chimney fire, they extinguished it within an hour.”
He added a crew from Stradbroke used a hose reel jet to put out the fire.
At around 8.20pm, crews were called to another fire at the Bell Hotel in Mildenhall.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said; “The crews were called to reports of smoke issuing from behind a fireplace.
“On arrival they discovered a fire under the hearth.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Missing person from Braintree has been found
- 9 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 10 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
“They had to cut the hearth away to extinguish the fire.”
He added that two crews from Newmarket, one from Bury St Edmunds and one from Mildenhall were sent to the scene.
The fire was out and a stop called on the incident at around 9.20pm.