Crews tackle fires at The Swan in Hoxne and the Bell Hotel in Mildenhall
PUBLISHED: 22:47 02 March 2018 | UPDATED: 22:47 02 March 2018
Firefighters have been called to tackle fires at two Suffolk pubs this evening.
Crews were first called at around 5.55pm to The Swan in Hoxne to reports of a chimney ‘well alight’.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews were called to a chimney fire, they extinguished it within an hour.”
He added a crew from Stradbroke used a hose reel jet to put out the fire.
At around 8.20pm, crews were called to another fire at the Bell Hotel in Mildenhall.
A spokesman said; “The crews were called to reports of smoke issuing from behind a fireplace.
“On arrival they discovered a fire under the hearth.
“They had to cut the hearth away to extinguish the fire.”
He added that two crews from Newmarket, one from Bury St Edmunds and one from Mildenhall were sent to the scene.
The fire was out and a stop called on the incident at around 9.20pm.