Crews tackle house fire

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a property in a Suffolk village after a blaze broke out in its roof.

Two crews and the turn table ladder from Bury St Edmunds were sent to nearby Ingham shortly after 8.30pm on Friday night.

They used two hose reels to extinguish the blaze, which had been caused by a faulty electrical cable.

Energy company EDF were also called to the scene to ensure it was safe.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus