Crews tackle series of fires
SUFFOLK: Fire crews were kept busy late last night dealing with a series of blazes.
They had to deal with three incidents within half an hour of each other involving grass and undergrowth at Orford Road, Bromeswell; Needham Road, Baylham, and Mortimer Road, Stowmarket. They all broke out from 10.15pm with the last one being tackled at 10.44pm.
Crews also had to tackle a fence fire in Bury Street, Stowmarket, at 10.52pm. They had it under control by 11.13pm.
And at 11.35pm a car fire had to be tackled in a car park in Black Bear Lane, Newmarket.
Just before midnight two crews from Princes Street station, in Ipswich, were called to Landseer Park.
You may also want to watch:
They were sent to deal with a piece of play equipment in an outdoor area just off Clapgate Lane at 11.53pm which was ablaze and had to use a hose reel jet to deal with the flames.
- 1 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 4 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 5 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 6 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 7 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 10 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment