Crews tackle suspicious factory blaze
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a major blaze at a derelict factory.
Crews were called to Factory Lane in Brantham, just outside Ipswich, around 7.25pm this evening.
Six appliances attended - one from Manningtree in Essex and others from Holbrook, Hadleigh, Woodbridge and Princes Street and Colchester Road in Ipswich.
On arrival they discovered a derelict factory measuring 35m x 65m well alight.
Crews split the building into sections and used four 45mm jets in one area and two 45mm jets in another.
You may also want to watch:
The blaze, which was believed to be suspicious, was extinguished by 9.20pm.
Police also attended.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case