Motorist spotted watching video while driving on A14
- Credit: Archant
A motorist suspected of watching a video while on the A14 at Kentford sped off from police at speeds of more than 100mph.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team spotted a silver Volkswagen Golf driver on the road, who appeared to be holding a mobile phone that was playing a video on Sunday evening.
Police also said the user was touching the screen.
When officers attempted to pull the motorist over, the vehicle sped off, without lights on in the dark, on junction 42 towards Bury St Edmunds.
Police were unable to track the driver.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokesman said enquiries are ongoing to trace the driver of the vehicle.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 10 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift