Man arrested on suspicion of murder after 83-year-old found dead in home
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after an elderly man was found dead in his Aldham home.
Donald 'Don' Ralph, 83, was found unresponsive in his home in Halstead Road shortly after 1pm on Tuesday, December 29, sparking a murder investigation.
Police believe Mr Ralph died in a "targeted incident".
A 16-year-old boy from Leicester was arrested on suspicion of murder in Colchester on Wednesday evening in connection with the probe.
He remains in custody.
Officers have now also arrested a 28-year-old man from Colchester on suspicion of murder.
Two men aged 30 and 39, and a 21-year-old woman, have also been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 5 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 10 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
All four remain in custody for questioning.
Detectives had been searching for Mr Ralph's car - a blue Volvo V50 - but the vehicle has since been found in Hastings.
Mr Ralph's niece Tina Ralph has paid tribute to her uncle, describing him as a "unique character".
Detective Chief Inspector Scott Egerton, of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: "I’d like to thank members of the public who have helped with our investigation so far so that we can get the answers Mr Ralph’s family desperately need."