Police searching for arsonist who absconded from Suffolk prison
- Credit: Suffolk police
Police are appealing for help to locate a man who has absconded from Hollesley Bay prison.
Aldred Stanley, also known as Alfred Stanley, was reported missing from the Suffolk prison at 3pm on Saturday.
Stanley is serving a 15-year sentence for arson, robbery and offences related to conspiracy to steal and to commit burglary.
He is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, big build, with very short dark brown hair and brown eyes. He has numerous tattoos on both arms.
Stanley has connections to the Cambridgeshire area.
Suffolk police has advised anyone who identifies Stanley not to approach him.
Anyone with information related to Stanley's whereabouts is urged to contact Suffolk police on 101.
- 1 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich