Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- Credit: Archant
A teenager and a man have been arrested after armed police attended an incident in Haverhill.
Officers were called just before 3.45pm yesterday, Tuesday, September 21, to reports of an altercation involving approximately 12 people in Cangle Junction.
A Suffolk police spokesman said when police arrived at the scene most of the group had dispersed, but after initial enquiries two people were arrested.
A 16-year-old boy from Haverhill was arrested on suspicion of assault causing actual bodily harm and possession of an offensive weapon.
A 20-year-old man also from Haverhill was arrested on suspicion of affray.
The pair were taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre, where they currently remain for questioning.
Police enquiries into the incident are continuing, but officers understand the incident involved a group of people who are all known to each other.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
Any witnesses are asked to contact Haverhill Police on 101, quoting reference: 52569/21.